Tuesday, December 12, 2006

If the Crime Fits

My professor asked for a thesis statement and I don't know why, but he said I didn't write one, but I did, and here it is:

Should capital punishment be legal once more for certain crimes that seem fit to the death penalty?

A thesis statement isn't a question; it's a statement that lets your reader know the purpose of your paper. In your case, your purpose is to support capital punishment for certain crimes. Since I don't know what crimes you have in mind, I'll give you a sample thesis statement that could be the controlling idea of your paper.

Capital punishment should be legal when a crime results in the permanent physical injury or death of anyone other than the perpetrator(s) of the crime.

I hope your prof. likes it. Thank you for the question.

No comments: