Sunday, December 10, 2006

You're Not Yourself: Rewrite

My partner says this letter to our clients needs HELP. Can you come to my rescue?
Needs Help & More Customers

"Dear Client:

It has been nearly 30 days since your successful closing with Foxxy Mortgage. As we had discussed and you have experienced, we truly mean the "Closing Is Just the Beginning" and we will continue to fulfill that promise.

Now I could use your help. I am working to build an online portfolio of feedback from clients such as yourself, as testimonials for future clients. I would greatly appreciate your comments…."

Dear NHMC,
Let's see how the following changes play in Peoria:

Dear [Mr. or Ms. CLIENT]:

It has been nearly 30 days since your successful closing with Foxxy Mortgage. As you know, our motto at Foxxy Mortgage is "Closing Is Just the Beginning," and we truly intend to fulfill that promise of continued attention to your needs.

Now, I could use your help. I am working to build an online portfolio of feedback from clients as a reference for future clients. I would greatly appreciate your comments ….

Thank you for the question. Oh, and please, please, please keep "yourself" out of business letters unless you're asking clients to do something to themselves. "Check yourself out in the mirror" or "Do it yourself."

No comments: